What is AquaVial™ PRO ?
- an economic and efficacious warning system for Legionella control
- an efficacy confirmation of water disinfection systems and other high risk water sources (medical and dental)
AquaVialTM PRO detects total microbial (bacteria and fungi) and biofilm levels. Detection limit can be adjusted from 100 CFU/ml to 500 CFU/ml or higher, depending on the application.
AquaVial™ PRO Solution
How Does AquaVial™ PRO Work ?
present, no contamination.
with bacteria cells.
Highly contaminated water
Comparison With Other Methods
|AquavialTM PRO||ATP*||HPC**||Flow Cytometry|
|Rapidity||15-30 min||2 min||1-10 days||2-4 hours|
|Ease of use||Very easy||Very easy||Complex||Complex|
|Permeabilization of cell necessary||No||Yes||No||No|
|The robustness of assay chemistry||High||Low||Low||Low|
|The assay sensitive to water chemistry||Low||High||Low||Low|
|The overall reproducibilty||High||Low||Low||High|
|Specificity to bacteria||High||Low||High||Low|
|Corellation with total viable cell count||High||Low||Low||High|
|Cost of equipment||None||High||Medium||Very high|
**HPC – Heterotrophic Plate Count
The test has been verified to date using:
- Legionella pneumophila variant Lp01,
- Salmonella enterica ATCC10708,
- Staphylococccus aureus ATCC 6538,
- Escherichia coli (ATCC PTA-4752)
- Bacillus megaterium (ATCC 21209),
- Pseudomonas putida (ATCC 12633),
- Saccharomyces Cerevisiae,
- Klebsiella Pulmonae,
- Pseudomonas aeroginosa ATCC 15442
- Aspergillus Niger,
- Mycobacteria terrae,
- Candida albicans
|Sample Volume||Detection Limit|
|20 ml||500 CFU/ml|
|50 ml||200 CFU/ml|
|100 ml||100 CFU/ml|
How to Video
We conducted a study to confirm the ability of AquaVialTM PRO500 to produce results that meet the need for a fast, affordable, and accurate field test. This study investigated the changes of microorganisms in a cooling water tower over a five-week period.
A study was performed in the dental clinic of a Canadian Dental College, to assess the bacteria levels in the dental chair water lines. Of the 24 chairs in the clinic, 12 were randomly selected for this test. The test was performed on three points for each chair.